About Me

My photo
I've been into dollhouse miniatures since the early 1990's now and when I realized how much I've learned during that time, I thought I'd make a blog to share my knowledge with others. I'm mostly auto-deduct, but always found help on the Internet and in specific books. The mini-world starts and ends with your own imagination, so let there be no limit. And never say : I CAN'T .... because you can, you just need to try and have the necessary know-how. And that's the main reason why I started this blog, because I wanna share what I know with newbies in the miniature world or anybody else who might be interested in sharing what I've learned so far. So, hopefully, I'll be able to provide some useful hints, tips and tricks for those of you out there just starting with this wonderful hobby

Search This Blog

February 26, 2012

DIY : making a modern bed

Hi there

Even though I'm not so much into that modern minimalistic furniture, neither in real life, nor in my miniature world, I slowly started to like it when I worked on my Malibu Beach Dollhouse


This cute little bed took me less than an hour to finish, once I had decided what it should look like. It's a simple piece of balsa wood (left-over from a previous project), cut to the size of a double bed in 1:12 scale and covered with leather. Same procedure for the back piece. Once the leather is glued on, you gotta wait a bit for it to dry (with a special fabric glue, this goes fast enough). You then glue the 2 pieces together. 

By the way, the leather goes all around the back piece, but the part "under" the bed is covered with wood. Then you just take 4 little wooden blocks (available at most craft and hobby shops in different sizes) color them with the color of your choice and glue them on. For the mattress, you may use a piece of foam or anything similar, cover it with fabric and you're done. 

This beautiful dressing you see in this pic was not made by me, I bought it, just couldn't resist :-))  (elfminiatures) A wonderful resource if you're into modern miniatures and a very friendly and good service. 

Look in my LINKS section for elfminiatures

Stay tuned, there's more to come

See ya
πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

No comments:

Post a Comment