About Me

My photo
I've been into dollhouse miniatures since the early 1990's now and when I realized how much I've learned during that time, I thought I'd make a blog to share my knowledge with others. I'm mostly auto-deduct, but always found help on the Internet and in specific books. The mini-world starts and ends with your own imagination, so let there be no limit. And never say : I CAN'T .... because you can, you just need to try and have the necessary know-how. And that's the main reason why I started this blog, because I wanna share what I know with newbies in the miniature world or anybody else who might be interested in sharing what I've learned so far. So, hopefully, I'll be able to provide some useful hints, tips and tricks for those of you out there just starting with this wonderful hobby

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

March 17, 2014

DIY : Shabby Chic toiletries and shopping bags

Hello everyone

This post is about more DIY items as you might have guessed already

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Since I think about making a shabby chic project,
I thought that some nice toiletries would come in handy.

These 2 bags and the soap box were made out of a kit I purchased from PAPERMINIS (http://paperminis.com), but honestly I think I'm quite able to make those myself. Nevertheless, they are very nice and absolutely perfect for someone who doesn't want to fiddle around on the computer/printer to make them.

It's worth taking a look at the website, they have a lot of wonderful minis for beginners and more experienced miniaturists ...... all it takes is a lot of patience of course :-)

I made a few other items with gel capsules, like the 2 bottles on the little tray.

Oh and if you're ever asked yourself how these beautiful toiletries are made, please check out the following blog


Lisa was so very kind and posted a complete tutorial about how to make these and I will give it a try, that's for sure

Thanks a lot Lisa





Another way to make these beautiful bottles (which I also found over PINTEREST), is to use the empty gel capsules and fill them with melted window gels (coloured) and melted candle wax ..... I haven't tried it yet, but I guess it will be a bit of a messy job ...... I'll let you know :-)

If you make it right, this is what they should look like ....... fantastic, aren't they .

I borrowed this pic from the following blog, it's not my work !!! .... just to show you what I mean



Check out my other posts about the gel capsules

See ya
πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for showing these. Everything looks so pretty. Nice colors too. I always wondered how those types of bottles were made. I have to scoot over there and find out why the capsules don't melt with hot wax!

    ReplyDelete