About Me

My photo
I've been into dollhouse miniatures since the early 1990's now and when I realized how much I've learned during that time, I thought I'd make a blog to share my knowledge with others. I'm mostly auto-deduct, but always found help on the Internet and in specific books. The mini-world starts and ends with your own imagination, so let there be no limit. And never say : I CAN'T .... because you can, you just need to try and have the necessary know-how. And that's the main reason why I started this blog, because I wanna share what I know with newbies in the miniature world or anybody else who might be interested in sharing what I've learned so far. So, hopefully, I'll be able to provide some useful hints, tips and tricks for those of you out there just starting with this wonderful hobby

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

November 5, 2015

DIY Bathroom Decorations


Hi there

Since this blog is supposed to be mainly about DIY items for our dollhouses and other miniature scenes, let's talk a bit about decorating the bathroom

A while ago, I found a pattern for a cute little basket in a magazine, 
unfortunately I don't remember which one 😳😳😳 hm, I'm getting old

If I find it again, I will make a copy of course, lol ..... but I still have the pattern. 
All sorts of patterns can easily be found on the Internet, especially Pinterest

I'm using the POCKETMAGS app on my tablet, because I don't wanna buy all these magazines, after a few years, they take a lot of space around the house 
and the online version is much easier to handle :-)

I think it was in a digital issue of THE DOLLS' HOUSE MAGAZINE ... but I'm not sure.

Anyway, the baskets turned out really cute and I'm using them to decorate my bathrooms, filled with towels or other bathroom items, like my DIY bottles


By the way, towels are made out of old wash cloths ... haha, very easy
Just cut out to the size you want them and use a little no-fringe glue for the borders


I used the same pattern for this next one ... the round one is simply made out of one of these little wood boxes you find in almost every hobby store, using the same painting and sanding technique to get the old shabby look (take a look at the post about DIY Boxes)



And another one made with of of these little wooden boxes, just didn't use the lid here once it was finished, you can fill them with toilet paper or any other item you might need in your bathroom. These cute litte baskets can be a welcome option when your bathroom is too small to fit in a shelf


I took a piece of an old chess game, cut off the top, used a small round piece of wood (you can by these in packages of 50 or more at Amazon and most other hobby stores) glued both together, painted it and added one of my DIY bowls, which I simply filled with a few sea shells painted with gold glitter 


Here's another idea ... :-) have fun


Oh, and by the way, these little shelfs here are made out of match boxes,
a very fun project found on PINTEREST.com




I'll be posting more ideas to decorate your dollhouse bathromm .... soon :-)
Have fun and let your imagination go wild

Hope you liked these little creations
Stay tuned

See ya
👀👀👀








1 comment:

  1. Preciosas cajas y cestas,así como los pequeños muebles de cajas de cerillas,un baño muy bonito con esos detalles!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete