About Me

My photo
I've been into dollhouse miniatures since the early 1990's now and when I realized how much I've learned during that time, I thought I'd make a blog to share my knowledge with others. I'm mostly auto-deduct, but always found help on the Internet and in specific books. The mini-world starts and ends with your own imagination, so let there be no limit. And never say : I CAN'T .... because you can, you just need to try and have the necessary know-how. And that's the main reason why I started this blog, because I wanna share what I know with newbies in the miniature world or anybody else who might be interested in sharing what I've learned so far. So, hopefully, I'll be able to provide some useful hints, tips and tricks for those of you out there just starting with this wonderful hobby

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

January 29, 2017

FLOWERS & PLANTS : Geraniums, Roses and more


Hi there

We had 4 days of real shitty weather here ..... what else could a hobby miniaturist ask for πŸ˜„

I have worked a lot on my current project, the garden cottage, over the past few days. I wanted to share a few pics with you all, but it's late and I'm about to go to bed, so please forgive me if my comments are a bit short ... I'm tired and I gotta get up at 6:00 πŸ˜–πŸ˜– but I will add more detailed comments tomorrow

Here's my first try at making geraniums, thanks to a tutorial by Kris Compas which she kindly shared on her blog (www.1inchminisbykris.blogspot.com) ... she is sooooo very talented and has a lot of tutorials on her blog, please check it out, it's more than worth the detour




For a first try, I think I did OK 😊😊



Paper roses
I think the easiest way to make roses is to punch out simple circles and use a paper that is not too stiff, like tissue paper f.ex.


Green plant


Climbing roses on a trellis
I made the trellis and the roses myself, used a little aquarium greenery 
and flower soft to add the leaves


hm, just realize I don't know the name of this one

UPS
😹😹😹


Of course you can also buy loose flowers and make your own arrangements


Just add some greenery and a few flowers you purchased


this one's from a kit ..... not yet finished in this picture though, need to give it a coat of darker green


Flowers purchases in a dollhouse shop, neatly arranged in a vase


Silk flowers and aquarium greenery


A fern I made with a punch


Dried flowers, greenery, colored stamens

A good thing to gather some more ideas is to look inside special garden magazines or just go to your local florist and take a good look aroud the shop

There's no limit here to make your own creations

See ya
πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€


















1 comment: